AAD Enthusiast

My Posts
    Thx Rec'd
    Thx Given
    Blog Entries
    Last Online
    2nd July 2012 @ 08:45
    Forum Reputation
    Hi RamRaider, Have you subscribed to our Newsletter yet?
    Hi RamRaider, If you're happy with our service why not make a small donation?

Default Mis sold PPI? Legal and General

Hello all im new here so hopefully this is in the right section, Im confused about all this mis sold ppi stuff, I took on a mortgage in nov 2005 with Northern rock plc and i got told i had to take insurance with Legal and general if i was to take on the Mortgage does this mean i was mis sold PPI? im not very good at all this kind of stuff and the more i search the more i confused any hel at all would be apriciated. Thanks
    WARNING
    Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 365 days. information contained in it may no longer be current

2. The Following 4 Users like RamRaider's Post:

di30 (30th June 2012), IF (30th June 2012), MattyA (1st July 2012), vossy (30th June 2012)

AAD Super Poster

My Posts
    Thx Rec'd
    Thx Given
    Blog Entries
    Last Online
    21st October 2014 @ 15:34
    Forum Reputation
    Hi vossy, Have you subscribed to our Newsletter yet?
    Hi vossy, If you're happy with our service why not make a small donation?

Default Re: Mis sold PPI? Legal and General

Hi and welcome to AAD, hang on in there and someone with all the help you need will be along soon. You are in the right place though

4. The Following 4 Users like vossy's Post:

di30 (30th June 2012), IF (30th June 2012), MattyA (1st July 2012), RamRaider (30th June 2012)

AAD Moderator

My Posts
    Thx Rec'd
    Thx Given
    Blog Entries
    Last Online
    28th October 2014 @ 14:34
    Forum Reputation
    Hi di30, Have you subscribed to our Newsletter yet?
    Hi di30, If you're happy with our service why not make a small donation?
    di30 has Donated to the Forum! di30 is Verified with access to Legalese Secure Section! di30 has access to our Secure Legal Claim Section! di30 has access to our Secure Statutory Demand Section! di30 has access to our Secure Housing Section!

Hi and welcome

In my opinion, you do have grounds to make a reclaiming complaint.
    Although it's best to have protection, as we all know to protect our mortgage, you should have not been made to take out their very own ppi product and should not have been told that to be accepted for the mortgage you will have to take out their's.

You can have a stand alone protection and more likely to have been cheaper, but they failed to tell you it was optional, and obviously did not follow the correct procedures of when they sold you the product.

Below there is a reclaim questionnaire, complete and send to the arranger of the mortgage/ppi, post by signed for recorded delivery and keep copies in case you need to refer back to it again at some point.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.pdf

Do you have a copy of the mortgage agreement?
    This will enclose details of the mortgage and any ppi they sold you, it may also be a good idea (if you have this) to send a "copy only" enclosed with the reclaim complaint questionnaire.

Hope this helps, good luck and ask for further help if required.

I'm an Official AAD Forum Moderator and a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of allaboutDEBT Ltd. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - find a solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username or send me an email direct: di30@all-about-debt.co.uk

6. The Following 2 Users like di30's Post:

IF (30th June 2012), vossy (30th June 2012)

AAD Veteran

My Posts
    Thx Rec'd
    Thx Given
    Blog Entries
    Last Online
    15th June 2014 @ 18:14
    Forum Reputation
    Hi mgfboy, Have you subscribed to our Newsletter yet?
    Hi mgfboy, If you're happy with our service why not make a small donation?
    mgfboy has access to our Secure Legal Claim Section!

If you can dig out the paperwork, you might find it's life cover you have not PPI. If you can get details we should be able to tell you exactly what you got.

8. The Following 3 Users like mgfboy's Post:

di30 (30th June 2012), IF (30th June 2012), vossy (30th June 2012)

AAD Moderator

My Posts
    Thx Rec'd
    Thx Given
    Blog Entries
    Last Online
    28th October 2014 @ 14:34
    Forum Reputation
    Hi di30, Have you subscribed to our Newsletter yet?
    Hi di30, If you're happy with our service why not make a small donation?
    di30 has Donated to the Forum! di30 is Verified with access to Legalese Secure Section! di30 has access to our Secure Legal Claim Section! di30 has access to our Secure Statutory Demand Section! di30 has access to our Secure Housing Section!

Good point mgfboy

So check the mortgage agreement as well to make sure, they will provide you with a copy of this in the post if required.

I'm an Official AAD Forum Moderator and a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of allaboutDEBT Ltd. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - find a solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username or send me an email direct: di30@all-about-debt.co.uk

10. The Following 2 Users like di30's Post:

IF (30th June 2012), vossy (1st July 2012)

AAD Enthusiast

My Posts
    Thx Rec'd
    Thx Given
    Blog Entries
    Last Online
    2nd July 2012 @ 08:45
    Forum Reputation
    Hi RamRaider, Have you subscribed to our Newsletter yet?
    Hi RamRaider, If you're happy with our service why not make a small donation?

Thanks for all the replys, I think Mgfboy is right it was life cover that i had, which i still have now but with someone else so it looks as tho i havent a claim Northern rock also told me i had to have 10k on a un secured loan to have the mortgage i was only 21 when me and the Mrs took it out so was young and just wanted to get in lol is anyone sure why they made us have 10k on a loan and is there anything i could do about it. Thanks again

12. The Following 4 Users like RamRaider's Post:

di30 (1st July 2012), IF (1st July 2012), MattyA (1st July 2012), vossy (1st July 2012)

AAD Veteran

My Posts
    Thx Rec'd
    Thx Given
    Blog Entries
    Last Online
    30th October 2014 @ 07:58
    Forum Reputation
    Hi MattyA, Have you subscribed to our Newsletter yet?
    Hi MattyA, If you're happy with our service why not make a small donation?
    MattyA has Donated to the Forum! MattyA has access to our Secure Legal Claim Section!

Dont give up yet - Have you found the paperwork?

I took out a secured laon with Northern Rock and was told I had to take out PPI in order to get the loan.
    The insurance was via Cardif Pinnacle - If you have this it is deffo worth a go.
    It was my easiest claim to date.

I aslo had a legal & general life endowment policy c/w critical illness cover,sold to me via a mortgage broker - I did them for a mis-sell on the endowment as it wasnt fit for purpose due to it not being able to cover / pay off my mortgage - maybe this is what you have?

The L&G thing was a harder battle and ended up with FOS , but I won in the end.

DONT GIVE UP

Matty

14. The Following 3 Users like MattyA's Post:

di30 (1st July 2012), IF (1st July 2012), vossy (2nd July 2012)

Forum & Site Administrator

My Posts
    Thx Rec'd
    Thx Given
    Blog Entries
    Last Online
    31st October 2014 @ 21:49
    Forum Reputation
    Hi Never-In-Doubt, Have you subscribed to our Newsletter yet?
    Hi Never-In-Doubt, If you're happy with our service why not make a small donation?
    Never-In-Doubt has Donated to the Forum! Never-In-Doubt is Verified with access to Legalese Secure Section! Never-In-Doubt has access to our Secure Legal Claim Section! Never-In-Doubt has access to our Secure Statutory Demand Section! Never-In-Doubt has access to our Secure Housing Section!

Related thread ---> PPI cover from Legal General ????? - allaboutFORUMS

Best of luck with your reclaim

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

16. The Following 4 Users like Never-In-Doubt's Post:

di30 (2nd July 2012), IF (2nd July 2012), pompeyfaith (2nd July 2012), vossy (2nd July 2012)